Friday, February 18, 2011

Masquerade SPOILERS!

Wow!

Well ... let's just say that, All in all, I didn't HATE this episode. It just wasn't the strongest of the season for me. Maybe it will get better with a repeat viewing, but I won't expect much - and to be honest I WASN'T expecting much because I pretty much knew going in what the focus would be. That said, the moments with Clark - and especially with Clark and Lois - were TOP-NOTCH (then again, they almost always are).

My problem, then, you ask? Well, I know this is the second-to-last episode for her, but there was just WAY too much Chloe. And WTF, Ollie? Why did you have to go and beat Desaad to a pulp, getting yourself branded with the Omega symbol in the process???? Once again, Chloe ruins the life of a character I love so much (first Jimmy, now Ollie). I hope Ollie (via Darkseid) murders the blonde bitch next week, and I hope it's VERY painful! Either way, you can be sure I will be cheering when she leaves. I don't care how it happens anymore, I'm just looking forward to seeing her GO and I want nothing more than for her to STAY GONE!

There were a few very ICONIC moments in this episode, and that's what saved it for me. Especially the final moment with Clark putting on the glasses. I just HOPE & pray that they'll stick. I mean, he's put them on before - at least 4 times if I recall correctly - and by the next week they magically disappear. So the next time we see Clark Kent in the bullpen at the Daily planet, he had BETTER be hiding those baby-blues behind some spectacles!

I'm getting very sad that there are only 7 episodes left (well, 8 technically but since 21 and 22 are combined for the finale the fact is that there will only be 7 more Friday nights with a new episode of Smallville). It's depressing. For 10 years I've been watching this show, and for the last 7 years I have been completely OBSESSED with it (as far as I'm concerned it didn't get REALLY good until Lois came into the picture - and that's NOT just because I'm a lifelong Clois shipper). I don't know what I'm gonna do when it's over. No more staying up late and scrambling to post episode clips for my loyal and wonderful friends/followers. No more panicky feeling when I'm not home by at LEAST 6:30 on a Friday night so I have enough time to be sure I'm ready to have my butt planted in front of my TV and my hands ready and waiting on the keyboard. I might actually have to get a LIFE on Friday evenings again, lol! Oh crap! ;)

Now with Rosenbaum coming back, the HUGE and outrageous spoiler regarding Alexander (which I won't post here for anyone who doesn't know yet and may not want to know - visit Kryptonsite if you're curious), and so many other exciting things waiting int he wings for Smallville, I find myself already missing it. I find myself wanting more, and it's not even over yet. Yes, it's going to be a very sad, lonely world for this fan-girl come 9:01pm CST on May 13th, 2011. Trying not to think about that too much now, but at least I'll have plenty of time - and inspiration - by then to throw myself into TONS of new music video projects, at the very least. We'll see. ;)

In the meantime, I continue to enjoy the ride and soak up EVERY super moment of it!

Disguise (opening scene)
Whoosh! (loft scene)
It's my power
Hiding in plain sight (glasses)

PLAYLIST LINK

Now, with that ... I'll probably upload a little more over the weekend, but for now I'm on some pretty heavy meds and I wanted to at least get the major Clois scenes uploaded before I passed out.

Enjoy! :)

1 comment:

  1. The thing I don't understand is why they're putting so much time and energy into Chloe and Ollie's relationship. Isn't this show supposed to be about Superman and the love of his life, not Green Arrow and some made up chick? I wish they would've put the effort into Clark and Lois's relationship the last couple episodes instead of Ollie and Chloe. She's leaving soon anyway!

    ReplyDelete